Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

[SOLVED] Error to import OVRAvatar for Unity Project

artneovrartneovr Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hello,

When i import the OVRAvatar.unityPackage, the shader it hangs.

Then when I start the unity project and start the scene, it shows the following error: No shader provided for avatar material.

I used the OVRAvatar.1.13 and the Unity 5.6.0f3.

Thanks so much.

Update: Sorry, i read that "Turns out it's not crashing/hanging, just takes a VERY long time to import these shaders (10-15+ minutes)." in this post: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/51260/oculus-avatar-sdk-for-windows-1-13-released-march-30th-2017#latest

Comments

• archo_parcho_p Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I am getting this issue now as well, and I know it will eventually import after waiting a while, but really wondering why this happens still.  Seems like a pretty lame issue to still be happening, especially when I want to start fresh project and bring in the basic OVR integration tools and have to wait this long....
  • sun_stealersun_stealer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same here, took like 10 minutes to import this 6kb shader (???)
    Be patient, guys
  • Ross_BeefRoss_Beef Posts: 170 Oculus Staff
    edited January 2018
    We have a fix inbound for this long import time. It should be out with the next version of the SDK. I’ll post a confirmation as it rolls out.
  • jelmer_s2jelmer_s2 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I just imported SDK 1.40 in a brand new unity project, added APp IDs and still got this problem. Any updates??