New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

My game was released under Gallery App for Touch, but it was on game for GearVR!

pekayattpekayatt Posts: 89
Hiro Protagonist
Hi there, I am one of the developers of "The Rabbit Hole".

This game was released for GearVR sometime ago, and we started to port it to Oculus Touch, since it is an experience of escape the room we thought that it would be much better to play with controllers and not gaze interactions.

We got it released last 14th, (April), but it is on the Gallery App section, I try to contact people from the submission, but got null response. Why it is over there and not as a game?

On the other hand I purchased Robinson and the game is crap without the Touch controller support, got really sad when I realize that it had not the support for it (since I saw it been played several times with the Move controllers on PS4). And it is not a gallery app :expressionless:

Anyway, just would like to understand how to get out of gallery app section.

Kind regards,

Comments

• pekayattpekayatt Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    BTW, our game was featured for GearVR. Twice... I do not believe it can be a problem of quality of the application...
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 1,705 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

Where your application is listed on the store is up to the submission team's sole discretion. I'd suggest that you continually follow up with the submissions team and ask for clarification in regards to why your application may not have made the cut for full store inclusion.

Hiro Protagonist
    Hi,

Where your application is listed on the store is up to the submission team's sole discretion. I'd suggest that you continually follow up with the submissions team and ask for clarification in regards to why your application may not have made the cut for full store inclusion.

Thanks for answering @imperativity, in fact I have ask them more than twice and they do not answer my mails...
  • FunkySkipperFunkySkipper Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hello, same problem here. Bee Invasion Gear VR was published in the Gallery apps section. It is a game only playable with the new controller.  When I asked to place it in the games section and add the controller required banner, the submission team answered that they review games on the gallery section frequently and only games with outstanding performance are placed in the main section. However I don't know what are the precise requirements to be placed in these sections. Any idea?

Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 24
    From what I get is that they are prioritizing big studios and games that have been launched in other platforms. Since being in the gallery app makes your game to have much few downloads per day, I doubt that they will ever change it from gallery app. We can see other game that are in the top paid downloads and they have been kept as gallery app.

IMO, they release the games as gallery app so they can speed up approvals and not care too much about quality, since they do not review comfort settings and other minor bugs.

My game has more than 20k downloads overall, it has been featured in GearVR by Oculus itself, and even so they keep it under gallery app. Make no sense, the game is much more finished now than when it was featured.