[Gear VR] How to check if HMD was taken off and pause the app/game ? — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

[Gear VR] How to check if HMD was taken off and pause the app/game ?

motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,394 Oculus Start Member
I just noticed that if I take off Gear VR, the app/game still keeps rolling. 

Is it possible to detect whether Gear VR was taken off / put on and then somehow (how?) pause/unpause the game/app ? (looking for Blueprint solution)

Thanks

Comments

• RGB3D-RobertRGB3D-Robert Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I am trying to do this in Unity. Haven't been able to find any documentation about it so far.
  • motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,394 Oculus Start Member
    Hi,

I'm not sure if there is a blueprint solution for this, but I'll ask around and see if there is.

Will have an update for you regardless.

Bumping this one up, it's been a while.
  • aussieburgerVRaussieburgerVR Posts: 210 Oculus Start Member
    @motorsep

There is no current solution for this in blueprints, but there is an overhaul of blueprints coming from our end that may address this need. Still don't have an ETA for this yet.
    Overhaul of blueprints? Hope this means blueprint support for the Oculus Online Subsystem features? *hopeful smiley* :)
  • pekayattpekayatt Posts: 133 Oculus Start Member
    There is a Notification Delegate for VR that can be used for that. Once I changed the UE Source Code to get this notification from a HMD from other company...;) (but I lost that code on a format of my pc :( )
  • firagabirdfiragabird Posts: 168
    Art3mis
    pekayatt said:
    There is a Notification Delegate for VR that can be used for that. Once I changed the UE Source Code to get this notification from a HMD from other company...;) (but I lost that code on a format of my pc :( )
    If you ever needed a clear motivation to practice version control, this would be it. Sorry for your (data) loss, though.
    S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.
  • pekayattpekayatt Posts: 133 Oculus Start Member
    pekayatt said:
    If you ever needed a clear motivation to practice version control, this would be it. Sorry for your (data) loss, though.
    In fact I do that for practically every project,  but for the Engine I was kind of lazy :pensive: because of the size of the upload and everything else... never more :smile: