Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

OVR Lint marks diffuse and unlit mobile shaders as if they weren't single pass

BrainloginBrainlogin Posts: 57
Brain Burst
edited May 2017 in Mobile Development
Why is OVR Lint telling me "Please use materials with 2 or less passes" and listing materials that already have single pass shaders such as Unity's Mobile / Diffuse or Mobile / Unlit? Is this a bug in OVR Lint or should I be concerned about it? Looks like I just can't find any shaders at all that wouldn't be reported by OVR Lint as having more than 2 passes.

I'm using Unity 5.5.3f, platform android (Gear VR).

Answers

• InnerExodusInnerExodus Posts: 108
    Hi,

I am currently looking into this and will advise you on what information I find that is applicable to your situation.
  • BrainloginBrainlogin Posts: 57
    Brain Burst
    @InnerExodus
    Thank you. A little additional info I can provide is that the only shaders OVR Lint is not complaining about are the particle shaders. But of course that doesn't help as I'm trying to find shaders for my game objects, not particles. It doesn't explain why Mobile Diffuse, Unlit or Vertex Lit trigger the warnings but I thought it may be relevant to mention...
  • ClaytoniousClaytonious Posts: 26 Oculus Start Member
    Did anybody ever find an answer to this question? OVRLint is flagging all of my Mobile/Diffuse shaders this way in Unity 2017.3b8.
  • firagabirdfiragabird Posts: 155
    Art3mis
    S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.
  • oellmersoellmers Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Any update on this?
  • FlorianVR13FlorianVR13 Posts: 11 Oculus Start Member
    Any update on this?