Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Tuscany/Unity demo jerky in my build, smooth in public build

DreamwriterDreamwriter Posts: 1,101
3Jane
I'm not a Unity newb, but heck if I can get Tuscany to be nearly as smooth when I build it as it runs in the publically downloadable demo. I'm running it in "fastest" quality, I've played with the predictive amount, tried toggling the early rendering, no matter what I do I can't get it to run smoothly.

Any idea what I'm missing, what setting I need?

Comments

• Felix12gFelix12g Posts: 149
    Brain Burst
    Is this in editor or the .exe?

There's a thread about issues with 4.3 in the exe builds:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5103
    Code Monkey
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Posts: 1,101
    3Jane
    Both. And I'm not so sure about that "slowdown in 4.3", it sounds like a "placebo", one person claims to see a problem and other people think "Maybe my framerates were better before..." I say this because the mobile game I'm making at work didn't have any framerate changes at all when moving to 4.3 on either iOS or Android, our FPS counter didn't report any changes, either in levels with high framerates or ones with crappy framerates. I guess it could be just a standalone PC issue, though.
  • Felix12gFelix12g Posts: 149
    Brain Burst
    Hmm, if you're getting the drop on the editor side as well I guess its not the same issue. Barring that, what does the profiler say is sucking up resources?
    Code Monkey