Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Can you open a link to another app in the Oculus store from within your app?

Just wondering is there a method for opening the Oculus store on a specific app download page from within our app? The custom app is built in Unity.

Answers

• medicalrealitiesmedicalrealities Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Can you point me in the direction of the API call? Maybe I wasn't clear, from within my Gear VR app I want to click a button which opens the Oculus store in VR on the store listing of a different app, all without having to leave VR and take off my headset.
  • medicalrealitiesmedicalrealities Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I hear you there---I thought you were asking if this was allowed behavior on our store. We don't have any documentation on this from what I can see, but I'll ask around and see if there is anything I can source for you for an example/API call.
    Thanks, find out anything yet?
  • medicalrealitiesmainmedicalrealitiesmain Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    bump
  • stevenwirelessstevenwireless Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Look forward to this, too
  • lrbisololrbisolo Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Hey guys, I saw some apps do this already. Could you share how can we do this? Thanks.
    NerveGear
    lrbisolo said:
    Hey guys, I saw some apps do this already. Could you share how can we do this? Thanks.

really? which apps are doing this ? can't wait to see
  • lrbisololrbisolo Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited September 2017
    lrbisolo said:

really? which apps are doing this ? can't wait to see
    I saw this on Face your Fears!! I tried to code some Android specific platform but I only got the Oculus app without choosing our own app inside.
  • samplerInfosamplerInfo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    @imperativity Any news regarding this?
  • terry.r.hardingterry.r.harding Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have some Daydream apps that do this.  Basically, there are several related apps in Play store, each of which has buttons linking to the others.  On start, the app looks at the phone to see which of the related apps are currently on the phone and sets the button text appropriately to open that app if it is available.  Otherwise, the button directs the user to the app's location in play store.  

The DaydreamAPI has launchInVR to take the user to another VR URL without leaving VR. It works great, but it is Daydream specific.

I'm currently working on getting these to work with Gear VR.

NerveGear
    Linking the apps/universes is super important in VR, let's do this :)
  • codestcodest Posts: 6 Oculus Start Member
    Hey @imperativity,

I was wondering if there was an update on this? It kind of sounds like it would just be deep linking from an app into the store?

In our case we are wanting to create a demo version of an app that has been out for a little while. It is a paid app which several users have already downloaded, which makes switching to IAPs too complicated. So being able to have a demo which after a level or two is able to just open the store page of the full version would be great.
  • codestcodest Posts: 6 Oculus Start Member
    Hey @imperativity

Thanks for the response. I've recently tried Fail Factory, and their demo does implement exactly what I'm looking for, they have a button at the end of the demo that opens the Oculus Store directly to the full game's page. So do you know if this is accomplished with the deep-linking? And if so, what would be the appid and application options to do so?
  • kuroki-toshiharukuroki-toshiharu Posts: 2
    NerveGear

The App Deeplinking worked fine on Feb 23rd, but now (March 9th) an error has occurred in my app. When the method ‘Application.LaunchOtherApp’ is called, my app crashes and back to the Oculus Home instead of the detail page of the launched app.

Source Code (Unity C#)

void Update()
        {
            if (OVRInput.GetDown(OVRInput.Button.PrimaryIndexTrigger))
            {
                var options = new ApplicationOptions();
                Oculus.Platform.Application.LaunchOtherApp({AppID}, options);
            }
        }  

Error Log

• kuroki-toshiharukuroki-toshiharu Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    The problem was solved on Marth 12th. My Oculus app version is 3.37 with test channel enabled. The version 3.36
    is still in error.

Thanks.
  • cenek.strichelcenek.strichel Posts: 8 Oculus Start Member
    Hello, "Application.LaunchOtherApp" show app in the store, but it start app, if it is already installed. When I want to go to Store for rate I don't need launch it again. How can I do it? How can I redirect players to give me review from the game?
  • needleoculusneedleoculus Posts: 86
    Hiro Protagonist
    Kicking off an Android Intent for the product description page directly seems to have worked for me. The below is for Unity C#:

void OpenOculusStorePDPAndroid(string targetAppID)
        {
            AndroidJavaClass unityPlayer = new AndroidJavaClass("com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer");
            AndroidJavaObject currentActivity = unityPlayer.GetStatic<AndroidJavaObject>("currentActivity");
            AndroidJavaObject packageManager = currentActivity.Call<AndroidJavaObject>("getPackageManager");
            AndroidJavaObject i = packageManager.Call<AndroidJavaObject>("getLaunchIntentForPackage", "com.oculus.home");
            i.Call<AndroidJavaObject>("setClassName", "com.oculus.home", "com.oculus.home.HomeActivity");
            i.Call<AndroidJavaObject>("setAction", "pdp");
            i.Call<AndroidJavaObject>("putExtra", "intent_cmd", targetAppID);

currentActivity.Call("startActivity", i);
        }