Recenter / Quit from the Universal menu — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Recenter / Quit from the Universal menu

I followed the guide:

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/latest/concepts/dg-vr-focus/

But the associated flags in the sessions structure are always false, even when clicking on the corresponding buttons in the universal menu.

ovrSessionStatus status;
    ovr_GetSessionStatus(m_ovrSession, &status);

if (status.ShouldRecenter) // always false
    {
        ovr_RecenterTrackingOrigin(m_ovrSession);
    }

Due to the above I failed the app submission.

.HmdMounted and .IsVisible work fine.

Please advise. Thanks.

Comments

• RouslanRouslan Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    1.15. Before I posted here, I updated to the latest version, in case this was fixed. 

I can provide a copy. Do you want source or binary? Alternatively, you could provide me with a sample app source that works. 

Thanks. 
    NerveGear
    No, the app is written from scratch and calls the Oculus SDK directly.
    NerveGear
    The project is fairly large and it might be tricky to compile. Probably better to provide a binary build + the source file that is specific to Oculus handling?
  • mfmfmfmf Posts: 56 Oculus Staff
    Does OculusRoomTiny (from the SDK downloads) work for you? You can check out the main.cpp there, though it looks basically the same as what you're doing. 
    NerveGear
    Thank you, mfmf. I can confirm that OculusRoomTiny (DX11) does not recenter too. Could you try it on your side?
    NerveGear
    Hmm, so you click on recenter at the universal menu and when you go back to the app, you are facing down the room?