[Gear VR] Please help with the controller setup — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

[Gear VR] Please help with the controller setup

motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,363 Oculus Start Member
edited June 2017 in Unreal Development
I am on UE 4.16.1 (stock) and this is my initial setup (on tick EV_GearVRController is called):

Controller shows up in the game (since I run dev build from apk, I have to press any button on the controller for it to initialize), but it doesn't rotate with camera (doesn't stay on the right side) as I turn 360 deg. in the swivel chair. Also, pressing trigger button does nothing (action is mapped to Motion Controller R trigger in the project's Input settings).

I checked sample from github, but it's not even remotely related to Gear VR controller (I didn't see the component or any BP nodes related to it used).

I am not sure if Enable Arm Model node works at all - the tool tip on it is from CPU/GPU node and there no docs on what it does (I assume it should automatically place controller into its default position and have it swinging as user tilts/turns/rotates it, similarly as it's in the Dead and Buried for Gear VR).

Could you please explain how to get it going ?

Thanks beforehand

P.S. On top of that controller doesn't duplicate touchpad functionality - nothing happens when I press touchpad on the controller (thus, it's doesn't duplicate touchpad on the HMD). Someone tested my app before I added BP nodes for the controller and the effect was the same - controller's touchpad didn't do what it suppose to do.

Comments

• motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,363 Oculus Start Member
    New development - apparently when multiview + multiview-direct are enabled, no 2D screen rendering stuff works (Print Screen doesn't work, console doesn't work, who knows what else doesn't work).

Sounds like a massive bug to me - makes it debugging Gear VR even harder than it already is.