New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Audio workflow for Protools

baylon.fonsecabaylon.fonseca Posts: 1
NerveGear
Good evening. Can someone please direct towards finding the workflow for audio output created from within the Protools.

thank you

Answers

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 1,697 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums.

I am currently looking into this will update this thread when I have more to share.
  • PeterStirlingPeterStirling Posts: 121 Oculus Staff
    If you're working on an interactive VR experience you can create bounce mono sounds from protools and play them back in a game engine.

If you're working on linear media like a 360 video experience you can output ambisonics using our new DAW plugin or the Facebook Spatial Workstation.
  • avernonavernon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey there, I have some questions about this. I would like to run ProTools on a Mac, with Wwise and Unity on a PC. I have a few questions. What would be a good workflow to allow for mixing and demoing sounds in ProTools on the Mac using the Spatializer plugin while linked to the Unity project? Is there a way to send HRTF data from Unity on the PC to the Spatializer on the Mac? Is there a way to sync the ProTools timeline with Unity to preview mixes before integration into the engine? What's your recommended way of working. As far as I know, the Oculus cv1 currently isn't supported by Mac, so bouncing 360 videos from Unity to work with on a Mac in the headset isn't an option, correct?