cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpha Channel Users not getting email invitations

Livealot
Protege
This seems like a common problem, but I can't find the solution.

When I add a user to the Alpha Channel, sometimes they get an invite from Oculus immediately, and sometimes they never get an invite, even to their spam folder. I can't tell the difference from the email addresses, and I'm not sure what to do when the emails aren't sent.

Is there a place to check on the validity/status of an alpha channel email? Is there a place to re-send? Should I just keep canceling and re-inviting?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Livealot
Protege
Thanks for the response. And good to know to avoid "breaks" in emails. I'd suggest posting those tips in the web dialog where you add users in the dashboard.

In my case, "breaks" weren't involved. I simply created a test account to the same domain where I already sent another successful invite. That's why I posted, since I was guessing there were other undocumented rules for valid emails.

For example, does the email have to be linked to an active Facebook account in addition to the Oculus Home account?

Whether there are rules or not, it seems that Oculus email engine could easily track which emails were actually sent and which were bounced for some reason. Reporting that back in some way would be a great addition to the service.

dignifiedweb
Protege
@imperativity , I am having the same problem where test users aren't receiving e-mails when I add their e-mail address to the alpha channel builds. It automatically adds them under the "Subscribed Users" section. I ended up creating a second Oculus account to see if I could get it to work and it won't work for my secondary account either. I am guessing my main developer account where I generated the app ID from would have access regardless of e-mail verification.

Do the users have to have their accounts linked to Facebook for it to work? If so, that may be something I can try with users.

The test account I created was with a @gmail.com e-mail address. The e-mail was not received in spam or "all mail" folders, so haven't received anything yet and it's been more than 24 hours. Any ideas? Could I have missed something on my end that doesn't send the e-mail out?

Edit: It may not be an issue now. A workaround is to have users search the store for the app name and they're able to see it listed there. I suppose it doesn't show up in "not installed" apps until you've attempted to install it once. Hope this helps someone looking for this issue in the future. Doesn't seem to require the e-mail to be able to get the user up and going. Thanks for making the alpha channel so cool, it was so easy to setup and get started. I'll relay this to test users that they can just search. 

Check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Man Overboard! - Try the DK2 Version if you don't have a Gear VR