Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

How do I set up the OVR Avatar hands on a OVR Player Controller?

nerdVRBuddynerdVRBuddy Posts: 77
Hiro Protagonist
edited July 2017 in Unity Development
In a prior version of unity i would import OVRAvatar package and everything would work well on import but now i'm receiving these messages

Assets/OvrAvatar/Samples/SocialStarter/Assets/Scripts/P2PManager.cs(3,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Platform' does not exist in the namespace `Oculus'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/OvrAvatar/Samples/SocialStarter/Assets/Scripts/PlatformManager.cs(6,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Platform' does not exist in the namespace `Oculus'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/OvrAvatar/Samples/SocialStarter/Assets/Scripts/PlayerController.cs(5,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Platform' does not exist in the namespace `Oculus'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/OvrAvatar/Samples/SocialStarter/Assets/Scripts/RemotePlayer.cs(4,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Platform' does not exist in the namespace `Oculus'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/OvrAvatar/Samples/SocialStarter/Assets/Scripts/VoipManager.cs(4,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Platform' does not exist in the namespace `Oculus'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

And when i open  the CS Files in monodevelop, at the top they have somthing like using OVR.Platform;
but the word Platform is in red.

NOTE ALSO ALl i want to do is a local game in my computer not a Networked game.

Best Answer

• nerdVRBuddynerdVRBuddy Posts: 77
    Hiro Protagonist
    Accepted Answer
    Never mind everyone i solved it by deleting all those cs files in the samples folder.

Now the question I have is how to set up the OVR Avatar hands on a OVRPlayer Controller. It's difficult. and i don't know how to align it to the controller or set up the hands so that they appear

Answers