Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Unity Editor freezing on window-focus changes in OculusVR 1.17

2»

Comments

• rvpetersonrvpeterson Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    Sporky said:
    Do we know if they're even working on it?  Maybe not enough of us are affected to matter. 
    Unity said they were looking into it, but seemed to be blaming the Rift for the slow USB polling response.

If it's not being taken seriously and isn't actively being worked on, that's fine, I'll send the rift back and order a vive instead.
  • SporkySporky Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I wonder how many more ways there are for USB to fail...
  • rvpetersonrvpeterson Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    Okay, I've managed to solve it / work around it.

Initially, I thought the HMD would only operate on a compatible USB 3.0 port, but on further reading it works fine on a USB 2.0 port. I left the sensors in the FL1100 card and plugged the HMD into the onboard USB 2.0, and now the problem is solved.

If you're having the same problem on the same card, take your HMD off the FL1100 card and put it on your onboard 2.0 (with adequate power available..) and try it.

This is the article that gave me the eurika moment: http://360rumors.com/2016/12/oculus-rift-and-touch-may-work-better.html

Thanks to everyone who chimed in and helped debug. To re-iterate, I think the problem is isolated to just instances where the HMD is running on an FL1100 chip..?
  • MassycatMassycat Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Thanks @rvpeterson, rearranging my USB stuff and moving the Rift headset off of a FL1100 controlled USB 3.0 port (an Inateck card) has stopped the Unity freezes. Will not say it has solved my problem until I have restarted my computer a couple of times :)

• irisjacksonirisjackson Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks @rvpeterson! This totally fixed it for me as well. 
  • MarcadaMarcada Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    works fine, thanks to you all, shame on you Oculus developers!
  • DsubTDsubT Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I've been stuck on this as well. Thanks for your solution @rvpeterson, as well as everyone else. I moved my HMD from the FL1100 (3.6.8.0 driver) to a USB 3.0 on my motherboard, and that solved my issue. So, my sensor is on the FL1100 USB 3.0 and my HMD is on an Etron USB 3.0, and Unity seems to be working fine.
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    Edit: removed out of date post
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017
    Edit: removed out of date post
  • R-RamR-Ram Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Alright! Non-Fresco 3.0 wins!
  • jaconchajaconcha Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I heard somewhere that Beta Public Test Channel has a fix of some kind on it.  Connecting and restarting seems to have resolved the issue for me, but I also moved my headset to a mother board USB slot.
  • panmasterpanmaster Posts: 215
    Art3mis
    oculus runtime 1.18, Unity crashes all the time when I hit Play.
    Started after oculus update
  • kerskkersk Posts: 82 Oculus Staff
    Hi all, if you're hitting this issue with the Unity Editor becoming unresponsive when clicking around in the UI on Oculus Runtime 1.18 and Windows 10 Creators Update, we recommend upgrading to the Oculus Beta Public Test Channel runtime. (Launch the Oculus app, click the gear icon in the top right, Settings, Beta, Enable "Public Test Channel"). The beta release includes a specific workaround for this issue. If you are unable to update to the beta PTC, another potential workaround is to unplug USB devices and try to identify if one of them in particular is triggering the issue (some USB Audio DACs have been reported as a common trigger).

More info is available here:
    https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/56526/unity-devs-known-issue-workaround-available-on-public-test-channel#latest

Thanks!