Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

OVROverlay crashes on S7 Unity 5.6.2 and 2017.1

flarbflarb Posts: 68
Hiro Protagonist
I've tried to use OVROverlay with Utilities 1.5 and 1.6 beta using Unity 5.6.2 and 2017.1 respectively to no avail. With both the sample framework scene and any scene I make with a single OVROverlay component in it crashes on startup when running on a Galaxy S7. 

Are OVROverlays broken in Unity?
Tagged:

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

There are currently know reports of any problems with OVROverlay.

How are you setting up OVROverlay?

Can you test it with this basic usage setup and see if it still crashes on startup?

1. Attach OVROverlay.cs to a Game Object.
    2. Specify the Current Overlay Shape:
      • Quad (Rift and Mobile)
      • Cubemap (Rift and Mobile)
      • Cylinder (Mobile only)
    3. Specify the OVROverlay Texture. If you leave it as None (default), it will use the Renderer material’s main texture, if available. See OVRRTOverlayConnector below for more information on rendering textures to an OVROverlay Game Object.
    4. Disable all compositor layers (both overlays and underlays),
    5. Enable them sequentially to set the order in which you wish them to appear, enabling overlays in front last and underlays in front first.

Also, for more information to diagnose this issue:

Would you be willing to provide a logcat from during the time the application starts until it crashes? 
  • flarbflarb Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sure no problem. Although I'm just building and running your overlay scene from the oculus framework with no modifications. Maybe it doesn't like some of my piblishing settings? I'll get you a logcat. 
    edited August 2017
    @flarb

Hi, 1.16 will not work with Mobile, the documentation is clear on this being a PC only release currently.

Please try this again with 1.15 and disable "multiview" if you have this toggled on. This should resolve your issue.

Please check and advise.
  • flarbflarb Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    Could have sworn I had the same problem with 1.15. I'll double check. 
    @flarb

This issue is fixed with the 1.19 software release.