New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

FMOD/Unity Integration Error

I've been working on a project using Unity and FMOD integration that has so far been going well.  But, as soon as I added the Oculus Spatializer FMOD plugin I keep getting errors every time I try to create an event emitter in Unity, and there is no longer any sound from the FMOD files.  

SystemNotInitializedException: FMOD Studio initialization failed: Loading plugin 'ovrfmod' : ERR_FILE_NOTFOUND : File not found. FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CheckInitResult (RESULT result, System.String cause) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:148)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.OnDisable () (atAssets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs517)

I have triple checked everything and am sure all the paths are set out correctly, any advice on how to fix this?

Best Answer

Answers

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 1,604 Oculus Staff
    edited September 11
    Hi,

Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums.

I am currently looking into this issue and will advise you on what next steps need to be taken.

Thanks for your patience.
  • PeterStirlingPeterStirling Posts: 119 Oculus Staff
    Actually I just looked at that page and it still references the unitypackage in step 3 which was removed as well, you will need to copy the binaries from the .zip into your unity project.

copy Win32/OculusSpatializerFMOD.dll to Assets/Plugins/x86
    copy x64/OculusSpatializerFMOD.dll to Assets/Plugins/x86_64
    copy android/libOculusSpatializerFMOD.so to Assets/Plugins/x86 to Assets/Plugins/Android
  • emma.kramerrodgeremma.kramerrodger Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hi Peter,
    Thanks for the response.  The naming of the plugin was the issue, everything is working fine now!