Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Documentation / examples for IAP in UE4 ?

motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,326 Oculus Start Member
I am failing to find any docs about how to work with IAP for Gear VR or Rift in UE4 :(

Is there any such info available ?

Thanks

Comments

• motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,326 Oculus Start Member
    Someone told me none of the IAP features are implemented in UE4 :( If that's true, it's sad
    @imperativity

Any chance to find out when BP and C++ implementations are coming to stock UE4? (some folks just looked up stock UE4 C++ code for me and said there is basically nothing for Oculus Platform SDK in stock 4.17; they might be wrong of course)
    I am after Blueprint functionality. I am guessing at this time I am gonna have to go with Rift and Steam instead of Oculus Store to be able to utilize IAP and other social functionality :(
  • rcortesercortese Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited September 2017
    I've developed a Plugin for Blueprint exposed IAP functionality. It's not complete (or the simplest) right now, but it's free.
    You can access the code here:
    https://github.com/VRMonkey/UE4-OculusIAP 
    rcortese said:
    I've developed a Plugin for Blueprint exposed IAP functionality. It's not complete (or the simplest) right now, but it's free.
    You can access the code here:
    https://github.com/VRMonkey/UE4-OculusIAP 

Ohhh, sweet! Thanks for doing that. Do you plan of finishing it, streamlining and selling it on the Marketplace (and Gumroad/Itch) ?
  • rcortesercortese Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited September 2017
    It's possible.
    We've been using it at it's current state in our game for about 2 months now (The Rabbit Hole - Demo) with success.

We originally intended to make it commercial, but were afraid Oculus would actually give UE4 some IAP love and we'd just waste our time.
    rcortese said:
    ...but were afraid Oculus would actually give UE4 some IAP love ...
    That seems to be highly unlikely :( Besides IAP there are more stuff that isn't in UE4 or/and not exposed to BP.