Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

[Gear VR] Multiplayer using Blueprints ?

motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,301 Oculus Start Member
The goal is to have one player to run UE4 app on Gear VR and host a session, inviting friends from the friend list (up to 4 people total, including player). Person who gets invited would run the same app and join the host.

Is it something that can be done out of the box, using Blueprints ? Any tutorials or example projects available ?

Thanks

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

I am forwarding this query to the integrations team for their assistance. I will update this thread when I have some information to share on whether this is possible or if there is another method to achieve the same result.
  • maxBrmaxBr Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    @imperativity any news on the original question in this topic? I would be interested in doing this on the GO instead of GearVR though (and just with 2 people).
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    @maxBr

I sent in a request for BP logic that demonstrates this and was told this is not available currently. We also don't have any projects or tutorials demonstrating this either (at least for now).
  • aussieburgerVRaussieburgerVR Posts: 181 Oculus Start Member
    @maxBr

I sent in a request for BP logic that demonstrates this and was told this is not available currently. We also don't have any projects or tutorials demonstrating this either (at least for now).
    really sucks a bit since UE4 BPs can be used for basic multiplayer on other platforms... :( Is there any plan to document this (would then show what outstanding issues would need to be fixed still ;) )
  • maxBrmaxBr Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    really sucks a bit since UE4 BPs can be used for basic multiplayer on other platforms... :( Is there any plan to document this (would then show what outstanding issues would need to be fixed still ;) )
    +1
    I have a few clients who bought a GO as well to (re-)view updates of my design of their house/office. Using the GO to remote update the design already saves us meetings.
    But it would be even more great / beneficial / a timesaver if we could share sessions and talk to the other while having a simple avatar represent you so you know where the client is and whats (s)he's looking at / pointing at / talking about.

Unreal already supports MP so how to enable this wonderful feature on the GO+voicechat ?!
  • motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,301 Oculus Start Member
    @maxBr

Meanwhile you could Skype with them while all of you are wearing Go  ;)