cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVRPlugin.GetNodePositionTracked incorrectly returns true for OVRPlugin.Node.DeviceObjectZero

Constellation
Expert Protege
I'm seeing some problems with the values returned by OVRPlugin.GetNodePositionTracked when called with OVRPlugin.Node.DeviceObjectZero. I setup a VR Object in Oculus Home, identified as OVRPlugin.Node.DeviceObjectZero, which I'm using a track a real world object (which in my case is not a camera because I'm not doing mixed reality capture). The only time I seem to get a false result is if I move the Touch completely outside the tracking area and out of view of the cameras. The problem is when it's actually being tracked I still get a true result even after pulling out the battery! Removing the battery from a regular left or right Touch will definitely cause OVRPlugin.Node.HandLeft or OVRPlugin.Node.HandRight to return false. I originally reported this issue in this other VR Object thread and I could have sworn it was resolved with the 1.17 update but now I'm seeing the issue again with 1.18 so I wanted to open a new thread for this. I'm using: Oculus Home 1.18, Unity 2017.1.0p4 and OVR Unity Utilities 1.18.1. For now I've worked around the issue by checking to see if the position is non-zero but I'd really prefer to do this the right way.
1 REPLY 1

Constellation
Expert Protege
The behavior in 1.20 is different; what I'm seeing now is that it will eventually report false when the battery is removed but it takes about six seconds before that happens. If I move a VR Object that's currently being tracked out of range of the cameras it will report false after about a second. I'm wondering if these time frames are expected and if there's any adjustments that can be made to the timeouts. In my application it's critical to know as quickly as possible when there's a tracking issue.