Live video streaming to Oculus Rift — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Live video streaming to Oculus Rift

Hi! 
I want to buy an Oculus Rift, but before I wanted to learn about its feateres.
What is the easiest way to directly stream video from 180-360 camera (for example samsung gear 360 2017) to Oculus rift? Is it possible without the Internet?
Or, camera streams to a computer, and computer is connected to oculus rift. What software will I need?
Camera and Oculus rift are going to be very near to each other, in the same LAN. 
What is the minimal lag time possible in that scenario?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• marksy95marksy95 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have been searching for this answer as well. Closest I can get is finding the right camera that allows you to access the raw video feed via the camera IP address.
  • SlayeminSlayemin Posts: 31 Oculus Start Member
    I would tentatively think that you'd have to build an application to do this. It shouldn't be *too* hard, you'd just take in the video feed and apply it to a texture render target, and then take that texture target and apply it to a material, and then you apply that material to a sphere with inverted normals. The hard part would be getting your game engine to pull in the video stream, so you'd probably have to read up on the API documentation on how they support it.