Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Logging Capabilities via SDK

rbierigrbierig Posts: 2
NerveGear
I have a very high-level question.

Is it possible to log or the following types of information via the Oculus SDK (while e.g. using the DK2): head position with 3D coordinates/directions, eye positions, hand/controller positions, buttons pressed, the image the user is currently seeing (or video?). Is this provided by the SDK or is there a way to obtain this directly from the hardware? Or is this only accessible (and better caught) via a gaming engine, such as Unreal, that interfaces to Oculus?

I only have a very basic understanding of the hardware and the SDK and want to get a better understanding of getting to low-level sensor information. I am thinking about a small project that simply records these types of low-level information and possibly getting to some derived higher-level movement information (e.g. gestures) . Any help pointing me to sections of the SDK, other documentation, other VR projects and/or tools would be highly appreciated.

So far, I have looked at the Avatar, the Sound SDK, and the PC SDK but was only able to find very high-level information about gaming. Am I looking in the wrong place?