Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

How can I download my alpha if I've built from Unity?

johnjoseph_cakewalkjohnjoseph_cakewalk Posts: 6
NerveGear
edited October 2017 in Mobile Development
Hi All, 

I've been working on a Unity GearVR app for some time. Things have been fine, but recently I tried uploading to the oculus store in an alpha channel. The upload succeeded and I can see my app in my library, but that's where things get strange. 

Firstly I don't think the app actually downloads to my phone. It says it's installed but always tells me there's a new update. When I try and update it says "Download started", gets to 128kb, and then the download stops (but I still have a pending update.) If I ignore the update and launch my app then what I see is my most recent build deployed over USB, not the one on the store (I tested this pretty explictly by adding a bunch of nonsense to my local build and then running my app from Oculus Home.)

I think that instead of downloading my alpha it's just using whatever I built and deployed on the phone last.  I tried removing the app from the Oculus Home library I get an error saying "Could not uninstall app", so I can't try and do a fresh install. 

This is a problem for me because I really have no idea what's on the store right now. I 'm almost certain that it's not what I see when I launch from Oculus home because I've added a ton of stuff since my upload. However I have no way of actually running the alpha build on the store myself because I keep launching my most recent Unity build. I tried removing any .APK that contains my app before downloading / updating from the Oculus store but it didn't make a difference. 

TL;DR I think the Oculus Home isn't overwriting local builds of my app, and I'd like to rectify it so that I can test what I've put on the store. 

Thanks for any help, 
John