cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"mobileMTRendering" Error with Unity 2017.2

OverheadSurfer
Honored Guest

I just upgraded to Unity 2017.2, and I'm getting a error on lines 290 & 295 of the OVRLint.cs script that "'PlayerSettings' does not contain a definition for 'mobileMTRendering'".  It appears to have been removed from UnityEditor.PlayerSetting" class as part of the changes to version 2017.2?

Are others seeing this or am I missing something?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same issue, still trying to figure it out

OverheadSurfer
Honored Guest

I commented out the 'moobileMTRendering' portion of the two lines to resolve, but my impression is Oculus needs to revise their script for Unity2017.2.  I had an interesting follow-on issue.  On two models of computers, commenting this out resolved the issue, but on my third one I got a new issue with the SteamVR_PlayArea.cs script.  The only way I have come up with so far to resolve that issue was to remove the SteamVR_PlayArea.cs and SteamVR_PlayArea.cs.meta script entirely.

mannixlo
Honored Guest
Temp fix by replace the following code:

if (!PlayerSettings.MTRendering || !PlayerSettings.GetMobileMTRendering(BuildTargetGroup.Android))
{
    AddFix ("Optimize MT Rendering", "For CPU performance, please enable multithreaded rendering.", delegate(UnityEngine.Object obj, bool last, int selected)
    {
                PlayerSettings.SetMobileMTRendering(BuildTargetGroup.Android, true);
                PlayerSettings.MTRendering = true;
     }, null, "Fix");
}

stef07
Explorer
Same error here. Upgrade from 2017.1p4 to 2017.2f3 created above errors on perfectly working project. Any updates on how to fix?

sp_mv
Honored Guest

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. I am forwarding this to our internal teams for their review and will update this thread when I have more information to share.

Please share any updtae about it. I am having this issue after upgrading to 2017.3

WITHIN_Nima
Honored Guest
We are also having this problem with 2017.2

Temp fix by mannixlo works great but would be good to have a proper solution. (Also using 2017.2)

Temp fix by mannixlo works great but would be good to have a proper solution. (Also using 2017.2)

pixelcase
Honored Guest
Same issue here on 2017.3