Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Go & Casting

pseudosciencepseudoscience Posts: 5 Oculus Start Member
Does anyone know, or know how to find out if the Oculus Go will have screencasting in the way that was recently implemented for the GearVR?

Comments

• firagabirdfiragabird Posts: 168
    Art3mis
    Hopefully not, because the current implementation has really buggy audio and a fixed streaming quality that a) causes delays & hiccups in the stream if the bandwidth fluctuates, and b) generates significant heat. I'm hopeful though; John Carmack mentioned previously that they're overhauling the entire streaming pipeline which IIRC should combine the best bits of Facebook livestreaming (good audio, lower heat) with Chromecast (lower latency).
    S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.
  • andrew.woodberryandrew.woodberry Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hi, does anyone know if any casting solutions have been created by or endorsed by Oculus? Doesn't have to be to a television, could be to a laptop. 
  • ITI_VR_DevITI_VR_Dev Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I just noticed that when connected to my Oculus Go, the Oculus app displays the local Chromecast device. Unfortunately, it bugs out when I attempt to click on it. The display under the Chromecast option will flicker with what appears to be video quality settings (low and standard) but it never actually lets me select it as a 'Cast to' option.