cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set CPU and GPU levels doesn't seem to work.

moulder6
Protege
I'm using 4.17 public build of Unreal for a GearVR project.

I have GPU/CPU set to 1/1 right after Begin Play in the level blueprint. Whenever I run the built app on the phone (Galaxy S6) the OVR Metrics overlay reports 3/2 for GPU/CPU levels.

Also, since @aussieburgerVR suggested I tried setting:

[GearVR.Settings]
CpuLevel=2
GpuLevel=2

in the defaultEngine.ini, but there was no effect.

Now, if i connect the GPU/CPU node to the level blueprint tick function, it seems to work, as the OVR metrics reports whatever is set in there. However setting this on each tick looks wrong.

This leads me to believe that something I do in the game is somehow overriding what the blueprint node does. Is this actually possible? Are there other mechanisms that could have effect on it?

2 REPLIES 2

moulder6
Protege
Thanks for looking into it.

I'm absolutely positive that the only place where I set the CPU/GPU levels is with said node in the level blueprint >> begin play. That's why i asked if  something else could be overriding it. 

Since this isn't working, as expected, I'll leave it connected to the tick, for the time being. Hope it won't cause other issues down the line.

c4augustus
Explorer
I'm using Unreal Engine 4.18.3 and have succeeded calling UOculusFunctionLibrary::SetCPUAndGPULevels(2, 2) from either my project's custom subclass of ACharacter::TickActor(...), or custom subclass of AHUD::DrawHUD(..). We must use C++ because we cannot call the Oculus Function Library from a blueprint when developing on a Mac as the Oculus code won't build successfully there. Thus I wrapped my includes and calls in PLATFORM_ANDROID so that it builds for deployment on Gear VR.