Where is OculusVRCValidator.exe? — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Where is OculusVRCValidator.exe?

I read this VRC Validator document.
https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/latest/concepts/dg-vrcvalidator/

Document say "use C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusVRCValidator.exe"
But I can't find it. 

In my computer,
cd C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
dir *.exe
OculusDebugTool.exe
OculusDebugToolCLI.exe
OculusLogGatherer.exe
OculusMirror.exe

4 exe files exist, but OculusVRCValidator.exe doesn't exist.

How to get OculusVRCValidator?

Answers

• junior_gjunior_g Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same here, the file does not exist in this location. I tried "repairing" the Oculus software to no avail. CMD inputs return the following message: "'OculusVRCValidator.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."

• malfetmalfet Posts: 3 Oculus Staff
    Before 1.20 release, OculusVRCValidator was only distributed as part of PC SDK, but now it should be available as part of your standard oculus-diagnostics package.
    If it is not there, please report the issue using "Provide Feedback" option in the Oculus app. Such report would include technical details that will give engineers more insight into what went wrong. 
  • RobAC94RobAC94 Posts: 2 Oculus Start Member
    Despite what the documentation says, it seems you need to download the PC SDK to get the validator. If you extract the contents to a folder, then use Admin Command Prompt to run Install.bat in "OculusSDK\Tools\OculusVRCValidator", the validator will be installed to "C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-vrcvalidator". You can use it after restarting the Oculus application.

I hope that helps.
  • Aniket321Aniket321 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    What are extra requirement for installing VRCValidator, i downloaded PC SDK & extracted oculus-vrcvalidator. Running \oculus-vrcvalidator does not bring me anything. it is not launching or same file in "C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-vrcvalidator" this path .  please help.