Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

VR Objects in UE4

xN31xN31 Posts: 22
Brain Burst
Where can I find documentation about how to use "VR Objects" in UE4 to track physical objects?
The only documentation I found so far is about mixed reality capture (https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unreal/latest/concepts/unreal-mrc/), is it possible to use additional controller for generic objects?
Tagged:

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

So if I get this correctly---you want to find documentation that allows for VR Objects outside of our mixed reality capture environment?
  • xN31xN31 Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    Yes, exactly. Basically I just need to access the position of the controllers that are not used for the hands, so I can attach them to physical objects and map virtual objects in UE4
    @xN31

Make sure to tag me in your responses so I can get back to you quicker.

At this time we do not have any documentation that addresses this use case.

I have passed this feedback along to our integrations team for their input.
  • xN31xN31 Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    @imperativity Any feedback from the team?
    edited February 2018
    @xN31

Let me check on this and get back to you.

EDIT-> Here is feedback from our internal team about this request:

"They do not support more than 1 (non-controller) tracked object at this time"

• SanderAKALegoSanderAKALego Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited August 2018
    @imperativity
    Any update on this? Just bought a set of extra controllers just for this purpose
    @SanderAKALego

There is nothing new to share at this time. Any new behavior along these lines would be announced formally in release notes.
    NerveGear
    @imperativity
    Any update on this? Just bought a set of extra controllers just for this purpose.
    NerveGear
    @imperativity
    Any update on this? Just bought a set of extra controllers just for this purpose.