cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Dash and Software Applications

AdamSobieski
Honored Guest
Greetings. I’m looking at Oculus Dash and considering some scenarios. I would like for some of the 3D content of software applications to be 3D in Oculus Dash. I would like for users to be able to gesture for some 3D content to lift off of the page or hover from the application into the Oculus Dash space. In Oculus Dash, such widgets could be described as rendering content in inset boxes, cubes, the regions responsive to Touch device interactions and the 3D content capable of moving into the Oculus Dash space. Examples where such features would be useful include design and engineering software and mathematics software which also include 3D visualizations.

Is Oculus planning an Oculus Dash SDK with samples? Is Oculus planning on providing VR-specific messages from Oculus Dash to Windows applications (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff381405(v=vs.85).aspx) for Oculus Dash events and Touch input devices? Is Oculus planning on facilitating 3D scenarios resembling those aforementioned in Oculus Dash?

Best regards,
1 REPLY 1

AdamSobieski
Honored Guest
I mean, specifically, the Oculus Desktop features of Oculus Dash.

Best regards,