Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Touch gamepad emulation issue

Heya

Our first game Radial-G had Oculus Touch gamepad emulation added to the build listing by the Oculus team and for a while it worked fine. However recently I have noticed that the Touch is no longer initially recognised as a gamepad until go back into Options > Controls and select XInput1 again so that the key bindings change from NA to the correct ones. Saving this doesn't keep the settings upon next launch however.

What's changed in the SDK for Oculus Touch gamepad emulation or in the Runtime? For sure, the current live build of Radial-G is using a fairly old SDK now (1.5 IIRC)
Loco Dojo - released for Oculus Rift + Touch in April 2017
Follow on social media: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube

Radial-G : Racing Revolved - released for Oculus Rift in March 2016

Comments

• mrkillitmrkillit Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having the exact same issue with Radial-G. I just purchased it today and had to do the exact same thing (Options and select XInput1). Otherwise the touch controllers are only partially functional (I can hit A to select whatever menu item is already selected and I can hit B to go back, nothing else works).

I do not have any gamepad connected. All that is connected is a keyboard, mouse, Oculus Rift Headset, 2 Sensors, L and R Touch Controllers.

Let me know if I should provide anything further - logs, etc.
  • MR-VR_SamMR-VR_Sam Posts: 104
    Art3mis
    I double triple checked and there was no gamepad attached. Not sure why you can't reproduce internally, we're getting bad reviews about it now. Might just have to update the game to the latest SDKs and see if that fixes the issue
    Loco Dojo - released for Oculus Rift + Touch in April 2017

Radial-G : Racing Revolved - released for Oculus Rift in March 2016
  • julle4711julle4711 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have a similar issue. In UE4.21 at least it seems the game returns MotionController (L), not GamePad, as input, and it seems to report intermittently either, mostly MotionController is detected, but occasionally its detected as a gamepad. My issue is at least for left trigger button, while right trigger button works fine, and so do the analogue sticks.