cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spatializer becomes quite when you look at the source.

KevinComerford
Honored Guest
We have been running into an odd issue for a while and we are having trouble pinpointing the cause. For whatever reason, the audio spatializer will be working fine for a while and then it will randomly stop working correctly.  If you hear something to your left or right, it sounds correct, but if you look at the object, the audio drops out. It's as if we had a virtual 5.1 system attached to our head and the center channel broke. This is really bad because if you're listening to some dialog and you're looking at the person talking the audio will be muted and very difficult to hear.

This issue only seems to occur on certain systems and it doesn't happen right away. One system that had the issue had some software changed and it seemed to fix it. We don't know what was changed that helped. Another system that didn't have the issue started to demonstrate it. We also seemed to temporarily fix it by switching the audio source on the computer. We tried looking though and fiddling with the system settings and nothing seemed out of place. We tried other games that also use the spatializer unity plugin and they also demonstrate the same issue on the affected systems. 

We have this issue with unity 5.6 and 2017. I'll look up the audio SDK version a bit later.
3 REPLIES 3

KevinComerford
Honored Guest
It says it's ONSP Version: 1.0.3.

Petroza
Heroic Explorer
Hi Kevin, thanks for the report. It's hard to diagnose the issue with a repro or more detailed information. One thing I can say is 1.0.3 is quite an old version, it might be worth updating to the latest to see if that helps.

It's concerning that you're saying other using the spatializer are exhibiting this issue. A few questions:

1. What other apps did you test to repro?
2. What are the specs and OS versions of the affected systems?
3. Is this specific to Unity apps or are you seeing this in other apps as well? Can you try Dream Deck or First Contact on one of these machines and let us know if they exhibit it as well?

KevinComerford
Honored Guest
1. Rick and Morty VR was also showing this issue.
2. I'm not sure if one of the systems was Windows 7 before, but the new system is Windows 10. It was happening on the Vive, but I don't know if we tested on those systems with the Oculus.
3. I'm not too sure if non unity apps were affected. When the issue pops up again on a system, we'll test those out.