Using Touch Controllers without Position tracking — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Using Touch Controllers without Position tracking

Hiya, Is it possible to use the touch controllers without position tracking?

I have a scene that works in unity with the Oculus with positional tracking off, but with this scene I just use the controller for input.

However, now I want to use the touch controller as a pointer, but this causes issues because it requires position tracking to be turned on,  as the controller has a strange offset if position tracking is not turned on.

So my question, is it possible to use the touch controllers without position tracking being turned on?

Comments

• NinjaGGNinjaGG Posts: 216 Oculus Staff
    Hello, and welcome to the Oculus Forums!

Unfortunately, positional tracking is required by the Oculus Touch controllers and cannot be turned off. 

Additionally, this would require modifications to our PC SDK to achieve the desired behavior. As such, we would not be able to provide support for this as it is outside our intended use case for the Rift. All modifications to achieve this behavior would have to be manually coded on your end.
    If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
    3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!
  • MF3DMF3D Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Ahh, I see. Makes sense. Thanks again for the response NinjaGaijin. That was my initial thought, but i though I would ask to see if there was a work about or something.

Thanks again, much appreciated.