Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

OVRQUITMENU command results in application crash [UE 4.17.2]

ders92ders92 Posts: 10
NerveGear
Hi! 

Me and my team has just got back the results from the technical review today for our game. We passed 34/35 tests and the one we failed was the behavior of back button short press. 

So I have tried to fix this but encountered an issue with the console command OVRQUITMENU which i use to open the "Exit to Oculus Home" screen on back button short press from our main menu. It works fine when you first enter the main menu scene but if you then start the game and go back to the main menu scene the game will crash once you press the back button again. The game is one scene and the menu is another so it seems that this issue arises after a scene transition has taken place. 

I will attach the full log with this post as well as the blueprint code I use for running the OVRQUITMENU command. We are using Unreal engine 4.17.2.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this crash? Or is there a better way to do this?

Comments

• ders92ders92 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    This issue has been resolved.
    The fix was to modify the function FOculusHMD::PreRenderViewFamily_RenderThread in OculusHMD.cpp by adding 
    FAndroidApplication::GetJavaEnv(); before StartRHIFrame_RenderThread();

This means you must have the Unreal Engine source code in order for the modification to take effect.
  • kaaba_indonesiakaaba_indonesia Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi, I have same issue. Try to modify OculusHMD.cpp but problem still exist. It's work only when you first time enter the menu. Do you have any idea?