Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

OVRGrabber without OVRAvatar

I'm working through OVRGrabber and OVRGrabbable without using OVRAvatar (so just OculusUtilities).

After 24 hours of failure (and trying every variable combination under the sun), it's time to ask if I'm doing something obviously wrong!

Player is an Empty GameObject with a Rigidbody and a simple movement script  (Axis2D Primary and Secondary Thumbsticks).
Touch Hands are 3DObject Cubes (with Box Collider, RigidBody, OVRGrabber and a simple script for touch controller movement) as a child of Player.
Object is a 3DObject Cube (with Box Collider, RigidBody and OVRGrabbale).

What needs to be done to enable grab?

Further info in case it helps :

Main Camera is a child of Player.
OVRManager is included in the scene as a child of an Empty GameObject.
Unity 2017.1.3f1, Oculus Utilities 1.22, OVRPlugin 1.22, SDK 1.22.

The AvatarGrabSample works great, as does ToyBox, so I know it's a problem with the build.

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• NinjaGGNinjaGG Posts: 229 Oculus Staff
    edited February 2018
    @echo_vr

Hello, and welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

It may have to do with missing grab volumes (as colliders) on the OVR Grabber script, take a look at how it's setup within the AvatarWithGrab sample:

If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
    3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!