Social starter VOIP error — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Social starter VOIP error

l0g1kl0g1k Posts: 47 Oculus Start Member
Hi,

Not sure if this is technically the correct forum, but I'm getting C# exceptions regarding the VOIP buffer in the 'Social Starter' demo.

InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[System.Single[]].VerifyState () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:778)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[System.Single[]].MoveNext () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:784)
OvrAvatar.Update () (at Assets/OvrAvatar/Scripts/OvrAvatar.cs:487)
I've highlighted the offending line from OvrAvatar

Elsewhere, 'voiceUpdates' is modified by a method named 'MicFilter'. So I think there is some issue - does voiceUpdates need a lock on it, or something? I am not that much of a concurrency mastermind, especially not in C#. 

Issue does not seem Unity/Oculus version specific, rather a fundamental design issue on the C# side. It's easy to reproduce: just have voip connection between at least 2 people open for 30 seconds or so and you will see the errors every time.

Thanks