Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Two questions regarding recording from the Oculus VR VST Plugin (Output Format and some Clicks!)

First of, I just want to mention that I've been having a lot of fun with designing in the Spatializer. I could do it for hours. And support for Reaper has been markedly improved,so thank you! (Though I would be remiss if I didn't mention that it seems to crash occasionally when loading VST3 plugs in the same chain. Not sure where the fault is on that, but FabFilter Pro-Q2 as VST3 doesn't seem to like OVR.)

ANYWAY. Two hopefully super simple questions:

- What B-Format is actually being recorded after I've armed and recorded a file? Wwise wants either FuMa (W, X, Y, Z) or AmbiX/ACN (0,1,2,3). This is my first time working in VR and so I don't have a solid grasp over why one is preferable over the other but I've read that I should stick with FuMa. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Either way, I don't know how to check what's being output, or how to set it.

- What reasons might there be for getting momentary/periodic clicks/pops/dropouts in a recording? Surely three instances of the spatializer is not overloading my system or anything, right? Is there a setting somewhere that can be adjusted to help remove this? I've never had buffer issues before, and I've already increased it way past what I've ever increased it to before.

Comments

• chris_bobchris_bob Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Gotcha! Thanks, @imperativity! I'll give that a shot in Reaper and see if your advice here helps. Hadn't seen that before!

Any word on what format is being output when I'm saving a new file from the plugin?