Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Home auto-launching question

rnallyrnally Posts: 13
NerveGear
I have a game that I built from Unity that works both with and without VR.  The app will sometimes automatically open Oculus Home, if a Rift is connected, when trying to run the game.  This is alright if the user wants to run the game in VR, but if they just want to play it normally on the PC it can be bothersome and a challenge to not automatically open Oculus Home and then have the game automatically go into VR mode.  One fix for this that I know of is to just disconnect the Rift entirely.

Are there any other workarounds for this issue that people are aware of?  Can I quit the Oculus Runtime Service to fix this?  Can I change something in my build settings to prevent this from happening?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Comments

• rnallyrnally Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Can I put in a feature request somewhere that a workaround be made for this?  For games that are PC and VR compatible this seems like a real burden put to the users.  In my experience, disconnecting the Rift is not always a 1-2 second experience.
    NerveGear
    @imperativity

Can I put in a feature request somewhere that a workaround be made for this?
    NerveGear
    Awesome, thanks!