Oculus Unity VR Starter Kit Released :) - Page 2 — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Unity VR Starter Kit Released :)

2»

Comments

• preston.mccauleypreston.mccauley Posts: 41 Oculus Start Member
    Does it support oculus go?
  • EddieChristianEddieChristian Posts: 67 Oculus Start Member
    Does it support oculus go?
    As I said before, It was just requested and put on the Feature Request List. Most of the kit actually does work in the Oculus Go. But I will have to write new movement and Grabbing code specifically for the Oculus Go to get full functionality. At some point in the future I will be looking into it.
  • preston.mccauleypreston.mccauley Posts: 41 Oculus Start Member
    Well keep it up, looks like a great kit :)
    VR STARTER KIT FOR OCULUS VERSION 2.8 has been submitted to the Unity Asset store
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10333
    Added Haptic FX when Player is Damaged.
    Added the Ability to Set Strafing on Either Controller
    Improved Movement Code
    Updated Docs

VR STARTER KIT FOR OCULUS VERSION 2.8 Is Out Now !! :)
    Added Haptic FX when Player is Damaged.
    Added the Ability to Set Strafing on Either Controller
    Improved Movement Code
    Updated Docs
  • l0g1kl0g1k Posts: 47 Oculus Start Member
    On the Asset Store page it says "Originally released: 6 August 2013"? Are you a time traveler ;)?
    l0g1k said:
    On the Asset Store page it says "Originally released: 6 August 2013"? Are you a time traveler ;)?
    It started out as just a kit of just weapons. I decided to add the VR part later on. As far as being a Time Traveler, Yes, Yes I am ;)
  • MalicoreMalicore Posts: 35 Oculus Start Member
    Hi Eddie,

I'm currently using this asset, and I just updated the avatar SDK to 1.26.  When I included the new local avatar the button rig stopped working.  I've double checked the rigidbodes, the box colliders, and no values have changed. The hand & raycast components still work great on other gameobjects, but for some reason I can't get the button rig to work again.  Could there be a compatibility issue with the new avatar?  
    Malicore said:
    Hi Eddie,

I'm currently using this asset, and I just updated the avatar SDK to 1.26.  When I included the new local avatar the button rig stopped working.  I've double checked the rigidbodes, the box colliders, and no values have changed. The hand & raycast components still work great on other gameobjects, but for some reason I can't get the button rig to work again.  Could there be a compatibility issue with the new avatar?  
    In the docs it will tell you about this on page on page 9. There is only 1 SDK script from Oculus that I modify. I do this to add individual colliders to their Avatar hand. I also made a Back-Up of the modified script and saved it to a zip file. You can find it in the "07 OVR MODIFIED SCRIPTS BACK_UP" folder. I hope that helps :). Also I will update the SDK in the next release as well.

Malicore said:
    Hi Eddie,

It seems they changed quite a bit with the Avatar update. I already made the necessary changes and will submit it to the Asset Store on Monday. So you should have it on Wednesday.
  • MalicoreMalicore Posts: 35 Oculus Start Member
    Malicore said:
    Hi Eddie,

It seems they changed quite a bit with the Avatar update. I already made the necessary changes and will submit it to the Asset Store on Monday. So you should have it on Wednesday.
    Thanks for the update.  I'm still using 2017.4 for my project so I haven't been able to get the last couple of updates.  I might have to switch back to the old avatar SDK.
  • pjennesspjenness Posts: 675
    Neo
    This looks very interesting, might pick it up to start my next VR project.

Am wondering..is it (or will it be)setup for network/multiplay/friends/rooms  or any oculus or 3rd party (photon etc) multiplay in mind.

My last project the trickiest part was to get all the asssets and players syncing well. Incorporating Oculus friends and rooms api would be a great benefit also.

-P

Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
    pjenness said:
    This looks very interesting, might pick it up to start my next VR project.

Am wondering..is it (or will it be)setup for network/multiplay/friends/rooms  or any oculus or 3rd party (photon etc) multiplay in mind.

My last project the trickiest part was to get all the asssets and players syncing well. Incorporating Oculus friends and rooms api would be a great benefit also.

-P

I'm interested in adding Photon. But it will be after adding some other features that were requested first. I have Photon accounts already so I will add it to the feature Request List.
    Malicore said:
    Malicore said:
    Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the update.  I'm still using 2017.4 for my project so I haven't been able to get the last couple of updates.  I might have to switch back to the old avatar SDK.
    Making the switch to 2018 was actually a hard decision for me. But in the end I had to move forward to 2018.

VR STARTER KIT FOR OCULUS
    Version 2.9 Has Teleport and First Person Shooter Mode built in with a single button press!!
    Just hit "X" on your left touch controller at any time to switch between modes.

#eddiechristian #allegorithmic #film #maya #game #alembic #redshift #unreal #iclone #visualeffects #mmo
    #specialeffects #rift #substancedesigner #mocap #art #oculus #prototype #zbrush #characterdesign #monsters
    #compositing #vr #virtualreality #filmmaking #animation #characteranimation #vfx
    Version 2.9 has been Submitted to the Asset Store :)

VR STARTER KIT FOR OCULUS VER 2.9 IS OUT!!

Requires Unity 2018.1.2 or higher.
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION :

The Kit comes with a Complete Demo Game with Gun and Melee Combat.

Switch between Teleporting and First Person Shooter Mode in a Single Button Press!!

** Emerald AI Compatible **

FEATURES:
    Teleportation
    Haptic FX when Player is Damaged.
    Haptic FX for Held Objects.
    Rigidbody Character controller that uses the Oculus Touch Controllers
    Set Strafing on Either Controller
    Premade FPS Prefab (Just drop it in a scene and hit play)
    Built In Walk and Run Speeds
    Player Turning and Jumping
    Easily set up any object to be Interactively Grabbable
    Distance Grabbing that has an Adjustable Range
    All Grabbed Object’s Positions and Rotations can be set Individually for Each Hand
    Pistol Combat
    Melee Combat
    Pulling for Objects with Arced movement.
    (Such as Doors or the Lid to a Treasure Chest)
    No Hinge or Configurable Joint constraints Needed.
    Pulling and Dragging Objects with either Trigger Button (Detects Closest Point on the Collider)
    Example of Animated Light Intensities Fired by a Player entering a Trigger Area (Fade Up and Down over Time)
    Example of Fading Distant Materials.
    Pull Lever Example
    Slide Lever Example
    Button Example
    Demo Game
    Game Manager that controls the number of enemies
    Particle Event when Enemies Die
    Enemy Spawning System with Particle FX
    GUI with Fully Function Player Health and Player Score
    Commented Code and Tooltips make it Easy to Learn

Version 3.0 Has been Submitted to the Unity Asset Store.
    Version 3.0 now has Desktop and VR Mode. In Desktop Mode you can use the "w, a, s, and d" keys for input when your not wearing the HMD. Also I added a Motion Acceleration public variable so you can adjust how fast the player accelerates to it's top speed in the Unity Editor.

edited June 2018
    VR Starter Kit For Oculus VER 3.1 has been submitted to the Unity Asset Store.
    It now has an Oculus Go / Gear VR Version. :)

VER 3.1 of The VR Starter Kit For Oculus is out!!! :)
    Now with an Oculus Go / Gear VR Version!!

Version 3.2 of The VR Starter Kit For Oculus has been Submitted to the Unity Asset Store. :)
    ADDITIONS INCLUDE:
    Resets the Player when VR Focus is Lost (MOBILE VERSIONS),
    Can run in Left Hand and Right Handed Modes (MOBILE VERSIONS),
    Asynchronous Scene Loading of the Game Scene (MOBILE AND RIFT VERSIONS),
    Radial Scene Loading Progress Bars (MOBILE AND RIFT VERSIONS).

Version 3.3 of The VR Starter Kit For Oculus has been Submitted to the Unity Asset Store. This version makes it compatible with the New Unity 2018.2

Version 3.3 is now in the Asset Store

• eric.smadjaeric.smadja Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Looking forward to Quest release!
    Quest Version has been submitted to the asset store :)
    NerveGear
    How long does it usually take for an app to be approved?

Thanks 

Thanks 

It's out
    NerveGear

Thanks 

It's out
    Just picked it up, looking forward to testing it out.