I've looked into adding basic support for "Invite Friend to Session", "Accept Invite", "Reject Invite" and "React to Invite".
Now I did things like these with Steam already, but it seems like Oculus didn't implement all needed functions.
Here is how I would expect it to work:
- PlayerA invites PlayerB to an open game, either via InGame FriendList, using the UniqueNetId and the SessionInterface, or via Oculus own UI.
- PlayerB receives the invite, inside the Game and outside the Game in Oculus own UI.
- PlayerB decides to reject the Invite either through InGame UI or Oculus own UI -> Notification closes, nothing else should happen.
- PlayerB decides to accept the Invite either through InGame UI or Oculus own UI -> Notification closes, PlayerB joins PlayerA's session.
Now some of this works, other things aren't documented or no one really asked about that yet.
I found one post on this forum, but it was never answered by you.
What I know how to do is:
- Invite a Friend using the SessionInterface, as there is the "SendSessionInviteToFriend", which you seem to have implemented.
- Joining a Session through a simple "FindFriendSession" and then "JoinSession". That already works for other systems we implemented.
What I don't know how to do is:
- Display the incoming Invite inside the game.
Steam has a simple callback, which I can hook up with a function and then display UI.
How does Oculus handle this? Where can I hook into to get notified, ingame, that someone invites me?
In addition, can PlayerA be notified, if PlayerB accept or rejects the invite?