cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go ADB No Device Found

TwistedPairDeve
Explorer
I cannot seem to get my Unity builds into the Go.

I have followed every step listed here https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/mobilesdk/latest/concepts/mobile-device-setup-go/ .

Yet every time I go to build I keep getting the same warning "ADB - No Device Found - output" followed by several failed errors such as "Couldn't find Android device".

Unfortunately I know very little about the ADB manager and everything I've come across online either goes over my head or I does not work.

Any ideas on what I could do to fix the problem or any helpful, simple tutorials on the ADB would be greatly appreciated.

I should note that attempting to build on the Gear VR is successful.
7 REPLIES 7

BLACKISH
Honored Guest
I have the same problem. Oculus Go is connected, driver installed, but adb devices gives me an empty list 😞

BackendGames
Explorer
I am having same problems. I installed 2.0 Oculus adb on Windows 10 after removing the old ones.  Go shows up as unauthorized device in adb. Whether or not I  allow USB debugging in the Go it will not show up as a device in the adb and Unity build and run can not find an android device.

Can we view the Go folder on our Windows pc if we have developer mode on? Does one affect the other?  I have done factory reset several times and turn developer mode on and off and still are having problems.

I have tried all the steps mentioned and still can not build to the Go or view the Go folder on my Windows machine. I have build to a Gear in the past.

We need a step by step for Unity developers for the Go.

@imperativity

TwistedPairDeve
Explorer

I can confirm that the Oculus GO ADB drivers 2.0 allow me to successfully connected to the Oculus GO and thus I can push my Unity builds to the device. However once I restart my computer it no longer connects to the Oculus GO. When attempting to debug this I found that once I ran ADB devices in command prompt I get this:

• daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037

• daemon started successfully

Once this has occurred the Oculus GO is instantly connected again. Note that this only occurs with the Oculus GO, all other devices connect as expected.

I know very little about this but I would guess that daemon tools should be running without me needing to start it?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

maquetting
Honored Guest
Set the developer option on your Oculus Go by the app on your smartphone/tablet, or set it by the configuration tab directly on the Oculus itself.
Once you installOculus Go drivers, and adb working on your system, plug
your Oculus go with the usb cable, and put it on your head. A popup will
appear on the Oculus screen to prompt to authorize this device (your
pc).
Use the command on your pc : "adb devices" and check if the device isn't unauthorized.

TwistedPairDeve
Explorer
I factory restored my Oculus GO, confirmed developer mode has been turned on via phone app yet still my device will only recognize after I run "adb devices" in command prompt and I receive the two messages stated in my last post. I can also confirm that "device" is showing up behind my device ID.

TwistedPairDeve
Explorer
Perhaps I should explain my issue a little more clearly.

Typically when you plug an android device into a computer you can automatically access the devices storage and in my case send builds from Unity to the device so long as the proper drivers are installed. 

In this odd situation with the proper drivers installed I can only access the storage of the Oculus GO after "adb devices" has been ran via command prompt. Prior to this the only thing my computer will do with the Oculus GO is charge it.

jonalexfilms
Honored Guest
What I found worked, was to create a developer account here, create an organization and then activate the developer mode through the oculus app on my android.

After, and only after I did this did my Oculus Go show up under the adb devices.

Check this out: https://youtu.be/baWEzvLC8Bo