Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Error when I do not include an App ID for Oculus Rift, though I am only developing for GO.

SuperrodanSuperrodan Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hey there,

I'm developing an app for Oculus Go in Unity 2018.1.0f2.

I have been having a lot of trouble getting the entitlement checking to work, and the most recent issue is that I have Oculus Platform Settings asking for both an Oculus Rift App ID and a Gear VR App Id. I assumed that I would not need to enter a Rift ID, as I am only developing for GO. However, when I leave Oculus Rift App ID blank, I'm getting the following error:

UnityException: Update your app id by selecting 'Oculus Platform' -> 'Edit Settings'
Oculus.Platform.Core.getAppID (System.String appId) (at assets/Oculus/Platform/Scripts/Platform.cs:37)
Oculus.Platform.Core.AsyncInitialize (System.String appId) (at assets/Oculus/Platform/Scripts/Platform.cs:62)
AppEntitlementCheck.Awake () (at assets/Oculus/AppEntitlementCheck.cs:10)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
AppEntitlementCheck:Awake() (at assets/Oculus/AppEntitlementCheck.cs:16)

To bypass this error, I tried to enter the app id into the rift section as well. Instead of the above error, I received an error related to a missing dll. I have looked into this, and the dll seems to be something that is specifically used by only the Rift and installed with the Rift software. I am installing that now in hopes to get past this point, but I feel like it should not be necessary to install Rift software to use the GO.

Must I fill in that field? Is something else causing that particular error? If so, how can I resolve this? Or do I need to install the Rift software?

Thanks.

(As a side note, I posted this to the Unity forum before I noticed that there was a forum specifically for answers. If a mod would like to delete it, I'd be appreciative)