Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

GO update app fails - possible causes?

MaxArchMaxArch Posts: 119 Oculus Start Member
Created a project on the dashboard, uploaded a build as Alpha, invited myself, install on the GO. Works fine.
Uploaded an update to the Alpha on the dashboard, GO sees the update, downloads to 100% and stops during install. Endless loop (update availbale etc).
Update by usb cable works fine though.

Any suggestion what could cause this behavior and where/how logs can be found indicating whats wrong here?

Max

Comments

• lee17lee17 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited May 2018
    "Factory Reset" from Oculus app is quite handy to resolve errors by USB install or app updates. Usually it only worked either way, not interchangeably.
  • MaxArchMaxArch Posts: 119 Oculus Start Member
    @lee17, thanks for the suggestion but there must be another option than doing a full factory reset any time an update fails...
  • AdvertyAdverty Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited May 2018
    I have the exact same issues with all apps that I have developed and are testing in Alpha.

Turned out it was due to that I had build a Cardboard app with the same bundle identifier

Must be some sort of clash between developer builds that I Launch from Unreal Engine and builds that are coming though the webportal. The only way to fix this is uninstalling the app using adb and re-installing it from the dashboard.
  • Rowan458Rowan458 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    1. a. Open your device's main Settings app.
    2. b. Select About or System updates (depending on your device, this may be different).
    3. c. If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your device.
    4. d. Try your download again. https://tellthebell.us
  • wijdan.shahidwijdan.shahid Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Must be a type of conflict between designer assembles that I Launch from Unreal Engine and constructs that are coming however the webportal. The best way to fix this is uninstalling the application utilizing adb and re-introducing it from the dashboard. 

a. Open your gadget's fundamental Settings application. 

b. Select About or System refreshes (contingent upon your gadget, this might be unique). 

c. On the off chance that a refresh is accessible, adhere to the on-screen guidelines to introduce it on your gadget. 

d. Attempt your download once more https://bit.ly/2EZziEL
  • wijdan.shahidwijdan.shahid Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    maxBr said:
    Created a project on the dashboard, uploaded a build as Alpha, invited myself, install on the GO. Works fine.
    Uploaded an update to the Alpha on the dashboard, GO sees the update, downloads to 100% and stops during install. Endless loop (update availbale etc).
    Update by usb cable works fine though.

Any suggestion what could cause this https://bit.ly/2Ey52k1 behavior and where/how logs can be found indicating whats wrong here?

Max
    Yeah Anyone here found the solution notify
  • sirnocaressirnocares Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited March 8
    tellthebell is offering a great chance for its customers to win $500 who take part in the feedback after going to the restaurant.

• alisjames1alisjames1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks for sharing if you never heard about www.krogerexperience.com then please do visit and see the magic.
  • jwhite0009jwhite0009 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Who doesn’t love to save a little cash? With that in mind, we’re always rounding up as many restaurant coupons and discounts. Check the current offers below and get saving at your favorite restaurant right away. Costa Coffee Menu, price and location
    @NinjaGG how to report spam? The last 8 postings in this topic surely are spam and should be deleted to keep this forum legible
  • Aiden001Aiden001 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post. Gwinnett Place Mall