Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Create alternative browser for Oculus Go

lazerlexlazerlex Posts: 1
NerveGear
I'm a product designer and mobile developer, I'm newer to VR development though. I've been trying to find any assets/documentation/tutorials on how to create a browser type application for mobile VR. I want to make a minimalist browser that is primarily for media viewing (youtube, amazon, netflix, etc).  

Wanting the browser to be treated like a desktop environment--stream netflix from web, etc. (currently from Oculus browser it defaults to mobile and wants you to download netflix app, then says you need silverlight/html5 if you go to desktop view).

I don't see alternate browsers on the store though--so maybe this isn't possible or allowed? And maybe silverlight/html5 support isn't possible?

Any insight or direction would be really helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums.

Regarding this:

I don't see alternate browsers on the store though--so maybe this isn't possible or allowed? And maybe silverlight/html5 support isn't possible?
    The closest application I can imagine to this would be Virtual Desktop, which is coming to Oculus GO. I can't give specific guidance on this request, unfortunately, as this ask lies outside of our general integration and platform-level support we provide here.

I would search around online for assets and tutorial videos for this use case. We currently do not have a sample framework that covers making specific types of applications.
  • Mbaril010Mbaril010 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey lazerlex

Have you been able to find anything to help you create that alternatives browser ? Im also looking to create one. I would like to be able to have multiple tab open at the same time. :smile: