Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Disable Sleep and/or Remote Prompt When Oculus GO is Idle

scp_biscp_bi Posts: 1
NerveGear
I'd like to leave my app running, so that when someone walks up and looks in the headset they don't need to use the remote or power button.  I covered the proximity sensor, which prevents the immediate sleep when someone pulls their face away.  However, after a minute or so the headset goes to sleep anyway - I assume due to inactivity.  Can this be disabled?

Comments

• vrfcbgvrfcbg Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello,

I would know if there is any news about that functionality.

Thanks.
  • jakoblacourjakoblacour Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Also me!!! I really need this!
  • filix92filix92 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I really need this too, it is urgent. I'm displaying Oculus Go in a museum and I don't want to have people using the controller to access the experience.

Thank you.
  • NiqNiq Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    I really need this too!! any news about it  @imperativity ?
  • Ham1tonHam1ton Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I'm also in the same boat. I don't want to see the controller calibration prompt when the user resumes. My app just plays 360 video. I'd love to be able to restart the video when the Oculus comes out of idle/sleep. But now I can't seem to get an event for this idle screen so my app can't respond to having been paused. Is there another workaround for this feature?
  • kristin.mcwharterkristin.mcwharter Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    +1 Any Updates?
  • geoffrey.mokgeoffrey.mok Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I as well. this would be an extraordinarily useful feature to have
  • raeldorraeldor Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    +1 I'm also trying to test a multiplayer app as a solo developer and sleep mode is driving me crazy.
  • spacefrogspacefrog Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    +1 same here
  • relaxculusrelaxculus Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    nothing since 2 months? :(
    come on developers!
  • sealifeVRsealifeVR Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited July 2018
    any updates? I really need to disable the sleepmode!
  • relaxculusrelaxculus Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    electric tape+turntable
    LOL
  • sealifeVRsealifeVR Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    @imperativity can you give any updates on this issue?
  • OculusMalokaRex2018OculusMalokaRex2018 Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    @imperativity  We have the same problem. A solution please. Go Developers!
  • OculusMalokaRex2018OculusMalokaRex2018 Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    @imperativity  We have the same problem. A solution please. Go Developers!
  • garrett.reynolds.161garrett.reynolds.161 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    @imperativity I would also very much like a solution
  • cmckenz4cmckenz4 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi. We have developed a 360 app for patients suffering from neurodegenerative disease. The majority are unable to use their hands and therefore the app is navigated by looking at icons. However, they can't start the app with the controller. I really need the app to stay on even when the headset is not on use so that it starts when the headset is placed on the head. 

Can you you give me an update on disabling the sleep function please?

thanks
  • DevZukunDevZukun Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Gonna throw one more voice into the void, any update on this? we are looking at creating an app which absolutely requires this functionality be accessable.
  • neomarianneomarian Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    +1 Still no update? :( is really that hard to do this?
  • maxvmaxv Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    For us, too, this opportunity is very important! We want to run a vr cinema with more than 200 Oculus Go and it's absolutely impossible to use a controller in this case.
  • PhilzooomezPhilzooomez Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    edited September 2018

Hi, same disappointing issue. Something you should understand, @imperativity and Oculus Staff : each time someone tries the Oculus Go, he becomes a potential client who could buy this device… if the experience is a success, of course.

We installed an app in 20 tourist office with 20 Oculus Go. The full navigation is made only using the gaze mode, so user don’t need the controller.

Users don’t understand why, after a few seconds of inactivity, they have to ask to the desk for the reset of the gamepad. What is generally explained is that “sorry, this is a bug of the device, that will be solved later”.

I am afraid you already lost hundreds of potential buyers, developers or users, only because you can’t disable the reinit of the pad, and I am wondering if I will continue to propose this headset for my next apps. Finally Gear VR was much better for my usage.

NerveGear
    edited September 2018
    NerveGear
    Maybe I found an issue. When the Go exits sleeping mode, it asks for recalibrating the remote. Just press volume - or +  button, and it skips this step ! Crazy, isn't it ? Maybe an update ?
  • rupertrupert Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    @Philzooomez Are you in developer mode?

NerveGear
    edited September 2018
    @rupert Yes, you are right... It doesn't work if I remove the developer mode, sorry for this false hope... :s But it clearly means that they don't have a lot to change in the code to make this feature accessible ! I am afraid Oculus staff is kidding developers, 1st post was in May !!! Question : is there any problem if I let the Go of my clients in devlopper mode ? Could solve the problem, no ?
  • +1
  • FramemovFramemov Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    +1
  • avivhodavivhod Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Following
    NerveGear
    Hello, is this still taken in consideration with regards to a future update? This would be very helpful for the type of content that I develop for Oculus Go.

@imperativity

Thank you, @imperativity
    NerveGear
    Any news at all on this subject?

Thank you,