Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

ovrAvatarVisibilityFlag_FirstPerson getting unset when controller is held still

yes_byyes_by Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited May 2018 in PC Development
 I'm rendering controllers using the Avatar SDK in C++ and running into an issue where the 1st person visibility flag bit (ovrAvatarVisibilityFlag_FirstPerson ) is unset as soon as I stop moving the controlller. This happens when the controller is resting on a desk or if I hold the controller still. Moving the controller causes it to get set again. The controller position/orientation is still tracking the whole time (it's connected)

This is causing the controllers to disapper when they are not visible as I'm checking this flag while rendering:

Is this normal behavior? Has anyone seen this or have any ideas on how to work around it?

Comments

• yes_byyes_by Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I should also mention this same behaviour happens in the the Mirror sample app
  • juanoldinhojuanoldinho Posts: 131 Oculus Staff
    @yes_by

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! I have asked internally about your issue and will keep you updated.
    Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
  • juanoldinhojuanoldinho Posts: 131 Oculus Staff
    @yes_by

The controllers should sleep when there is no movement and there's no captouch, meaning your finger is not on a capsense surface.

Can you provide(code) how you are parsing the controller hardware sample into the isActive flag?
    Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.