Avatar SDK and standards for Oculus Development: index finger — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Avatar SDK and standards for Oculus Development: index finger

For Oculus Dash home I see that if you use your Index finger the ray is coming out from it and you can use it to point at objects and etc.
Is this a standard Oculus PC Developers should follow developing Touch Controller interface ?
It took me a while to figure out how to start the raycast from Avatar hand, now I need to figure out how to start raycasting when the index finger is used as a pointer.
Is there any plan for Avatar SDK to release some kind of clear example for Developers for using raycast with Avatar SDK and index finger just like in Oculus Dash home ?
Is the source code for Oculus Dash home available for Unity 3D ? At least this would give Developers some good starting point.
Is Oculus Dash home using Avatar SDK ?

Thank you,

Alex

Answers

• alexvilchalexvilch Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    VRTK does not support hand model.

I'm confused I thought the intent of Avatar SDK was to setup some standards for Oculus Touch interface but now looks like Oculus Dash is NOT using Avatar SDK...

Alex