New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Launch Oculus or Samsung browser from within a Gear VR app

avivhodavivhod Posts: 4
NerveGear
Dear all
I searched a bit and didn't find an answer, so if someone already asked, please lead me to it.
When I am in my unity based app, I want to be able to launch a link to any site, but make it launch in the Oculus or Samsung browser while still with my goggles on.
When exiting the browser, I want to be back in my app.
The browser should launch in 2D mode, and continue so, unless the user goes stereoscopic.

Can this be done?

Thanks

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,465 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

This is currently not supported behavior for deep-linking in our platform. We are working to release this functionality in the near future, but there is no current ETA on this.
    Please tag me @imperativity in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
  • avivhodavivhod Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thank you for this answer.
    We will be waiting, then.

• juscelino.tjuscelino.t Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi @imperativity,

Does the Platform.ShareToFacebook work as deep-link? I need something like that but to launch the web browser to authenticate on services like Google or Dropbox.. even for Facebook.. do you have any suggestion on this?

Thanks,
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,465 Oculus Staff
    @juscelino.t

I believe so, but that leverages Facebook infrastructure and not Oculus platform. I do not have any suggestions for the type of behavior you are looking to implement until we launch a form of deeplinking native to our platform.
    Please tag me @imperativity in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.