cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift LocalAvatar Shader Issue with LWRP

stephen_r_ouell
Honored Guest
Currently having issues in Unity 2018.2.0b1 with the Lightweight Render Pipeline and Oculus rifts shader's. Is there a fix for this? currently the hands in scene view are pink, and when i build, they don't show up at all. I believe its an issue with the shader's and their compatibility with the LWRP

Unity Version 2018.2.0b1
LightWeight Render Pipeline Version 1.1.8 current preview

10 REPLIES 10

Preston_Jong
Protege
@imperativity  Unity 2018.2 its no longer in beta.  The shaders with the Local and Remote avatar don't work in LWRP.   Is Oculus waiting for Unity to bring the LWRP  out of "Preview" before creating shaders for the Avatar to work with LWRP?

For now my workaround is to create some shaders with Unity Shader graph.  I've replaced all the Oculus shaders.  It cuts out the magenta but looks like hard plastic.  I just don't want to spend too much time making a shader in shader graph when I know Oculus will make some awesome Avatar shaders for both Unity LWRP and HDRP at some point.  Just not sure when.

Preston_Jong
Protege
@imperativity  Unity 2018.2 its no longer in beta.  The shaders with the Local and Remote avatar don't work in LWRP.   Is Oculus waiting for Unity to bring the LWRP  out of "Preview" before creating shaders for the Avatar to work with LWRP?

For now my workaround is to create some shaders with Unity Shader graph.  I've replaced all the Oculus shaders.  It cuts out the magenta but looks like hard plastic.  I just don't want to spend too much time making a shader in shader graph when I know Oculus will make some awesome Avatar shaders for both Unity LWRP and HDRP at some point.  Just not sure when.

Preston_Jong
Protege
Unity 2018.2 its no longer in beta.  The shaders with the Local and Remote avatar don't work in LWRP.   Is Oculus waiting for Unity to bring the LWRP  out of "Preview" before creating shaders for the Avatar to work with LWRP?

Preston_Jong
Protege
Unity 2018.2 its no longer in beta.  The shaders with the Local and Remote avatar don't work in LWRP.   Is Oculus waiting for Unity to bring the LWRP  out of "Preview" before creating shaders for the Avatar to work with LWRP?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello guys,
I am using the VR Lightweight Pipeline. The oculus hands appear PINK and so the controllers. As with other materials that are not for the Lightweight pipeline, one can change the shader to the Lightweight and its corrected. NOT SO with the Oculus hands and controllers they appear in Runtime only. How can I get the standard materials of hands and controllers to with with the Lightweight pipeline? Thanks all for your help.

citizen12
Protege
The Scriptable Render Pipeline (upon which LWRP is based) is still in preview (even though Unity 2018.3.0 is released).  Welcome to the downside of Unity Packages.  🙂 

Have you tried creating your own LWRP CustomControllers based on the Oculus sample?

citizen12
Protege
Also, see my comment here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/71936/0/

citizen12
Protege

SaintGabriell
Explorer
so i ran into this issue today and created a script to help. its just grabs the newly spawned hands at start and changes their texture. its not a perfect system but it works for me until the get it fixed.

// assign this script to the OVR player
   public Material mat; // this is the material you want the hands changed too. drag and drop it in the inspector

private GameObject handLeft;
    private GameObject handRight;

//
    void Update()
    {
        // grab the hands based on their name
            handRight = GameObject.Find("hand_right_renderPart_0");
            handLeft = GameObject.Find("hand_left_renderPart_0");

// assuming we've found the hands change the texture
            if(handRight !=null && handLeft !=null)
            {
                handLeft.GetComponent<Renderer>().material = mat;
                handRight.GetComponent<Renderer>().material = mat;
                Destroy(GetComponent<handMatChange>()); // remove this script so it stops running
            }
    }