cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a third-person avatar transformed so that it faces you as if looking in a mirror

HalleFord
Honored Guest
I'd like to use the Oculus Avatar Unity SDK and C# to implement a third-person avatar transformed so that it faces you as if looking in a mirror.

For example, with the avatar facing you, if you move your right hand controller, the third person avatar follows your movement with her left hand (which is on your right side), as if the third person avatar is in a mirror.

Note this isn't as simple as rotating the avatar 180 degrees. If you only do that, then the third person avatar follows your movement with the same hand -  i.e. if you move your right hand controller, the third person avatar follows your movement with her right hand, which is on your left side... which doesn't look like a mirror.

Also note that I'd like to use an actual avatar, and I don't want to use a mirror implemented via. a shader or render texture.

I feel like this should be simple, but have tried for months without any luck.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
Just a wild guess here, but it feels like scaling everything to -1 along the mirror axis would achieve this (vs. a rotation, which runs into the issues you mentioned above)

HalleFord
Honored Guest
OMG - That totally worked!!!!!  Thanks!!!!