Oculus Go Installation Failed — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Go Installation Failed

Evans_Taylor_DigitalEvans_Taylor_Digital Posts: 14 Oculus Start Member
I'm hoping someone can help me out here...

I have prepared an Oculus Go app (built in Unity) for submission to the Oculus store. I managed to get an Alpha release working fine, and installed on my Go. However, I have now uploaded an updated version to my Alpha release channel but I cannot get the update to install on my device. When I try to update the app, I get an error notification (in the Go headset) saying that installation has failed. The binary has been tested and is working via ADB.

When I try to update the app from the Oculus Android app on my smartphone. It hangs during the installation process (App is only 60MB... and I gave it about 20 mins before giving up)

Furthermore, I am unable to uninstall the app from the device. I click uninstall (again from within the Oculus Go Headset) and nothing happens. Can someone please help me figure out what is wrong?

Comments

• MaxArchMaxArch Posts: 117
    Art3mis
    edited June 2018
    I have had the same problem before. Maybe its due to installing once from the dashboard and updating it using ADB. A new update after that using the dashboard might be the cause for that error?!

Solution is;
    - connect GO to your computer
    - open dos box on your computer
    type: adb shell pm list packages ---> this results in a list with your package
    type: adb uninstall <packagename> ---> for <packagename> use your app name; com.xxxx.yyyy

wait a few minutes and in the GO the app will become available again for downloading.

• Evans_Taylor_DigitalEvans_Taylor_Digital Posts: 14 Oculus Start Member
    Awesome thanks for that!

Uninstalling via ADB worked, and I was able to re-install from the dashboard. 

The install did actually hang.... It was just stuck on installing for ages. I ended up rebooted the device and saw that it had successfully installed. Any idea why that is?