Bluetooth 4.0 with Oculus Go — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Bluetooth 4.0 with Oculus Go

Hi Everybody,

I'm working on developing an experience for Oculus Go which will use an external Bluetooth 4.0 Sensor. Is there a way I can pair this with the Oculus Go and access the data? Will I have to write an android plugin? Is it pairable through the app? Please let me know.

Thank You

Best Answer

Answers

• Zucchini_FredZucchini_Fred Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    @imperativity  Can you offer any help?
  • NinjaGaijinNinjaGaijin Posts: 185 Oculus Staff
    @Zucchini_Fred

At the moment, we only official support Bluetooth pairing with gamepads on the Oculus Go. Should this change, we'll be sure to let our community know.
    If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
    3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!
  • Zucchini_FredZucchini_Fred Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    @NinjaGaijin

Do you know if it is possible to pair with an unsupported Bluetooth device through an Android Plugin in a Unity Projected?
  • junkiattanjunkiattan Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    @Zucchini_Fred

Hey man, did you manage to find a solution to connect an external Bluetooth sensor to Oculus Go? I happen to need this functionality for a project too and was wondering how you managed to solve your issue;)
  • rez.archerrez.archer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited October 2018
    Just wanted to bump this topic... I think a lot of people would like expanded support for Bluetooth devices.  Is there a timeline on when this will be available?  I happen to need this functionality for a project too.  We are planning on thinking outside of the box aren't we?  Can we cut the Gordian knot on this one?
  • RuptureGamesRuptureGames Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    I was able to pair a Bluetooth keyboard.  I did this through the phone app, it required me to put headset on and it instructed me to enter the displayed code and press enter.  When I did this the app on my phone said "Bluetooth keyboard paired".  My initial testing shows that only the esc key responds in apps.  
  • askr217askr217 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited October 2018
    Hi guys, when i try to connect my Mi Max 2 phone, it was not able to connect with oculus Go...All other phone detecting the Serial & can connect further  but Mi Max 2 not able to detect Oculus , I even switched  off on Bluetooth & rebooted  phone, but end up with message  try again... I have tried all tips in try again page put no use...can you please help... 
  • daniel.krafft.5030daniel.krafft.5030 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yeah this is an important issue to me as well asa lot of other people it seems. I would love to see this feature supported because bluetooth is important to my project
  • CreativewaxCreativewax Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Found this out the hard way, assumed because its Android and has Bluetooth that It would just work?! but cant for the life of me get a Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor to connect to it, got it working on Mac, iOS and Android, Oculus Go does nothing, any news on something like this working? Seems like it should be an easy fix?
  • nickhodnickhod Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Has anyone else had any success in connecting to a Bluetooth LE / Smart device from their Go?

I too assumed this would be as easy as it is on Android, but apparently not.
  • jazzjarredjazzjarred Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I also have some great ideas that could come to life with general Bluetooth device support on the Go.
  • igor_medvedevigor_medvedev Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I tried to connect headphones through the "Bluetooth Pair" of Playmarket. They connect, but there is no sound.
  • robert.ottingerrobert.ottinger Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Also would like to develop a custom controller and interface via Bluetooth  - How can we escalate this as a feature request?

• jpurdam2jpurdam2 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Would love to know the answer to this too! We're looking at custom input into unity app for oculus Go via bluetooth Heart Rate monitor.