Oculus Go: Lockdown to one app — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Go: Lockdown to one app

sourcenitysourcenity Posts: 11 Oculus Start Member
Hi everybody,

a client is sending out Oculus Go to schools for demonstration. They would like to lock the device down such that only one preinstalled, non-store (sideloaded) app is playable, or even better, simply just starts when the device is used.

Has anyone done something similar? Is it possible, and if so, how?

Thanks,

Philip

Comments

• Zucchini_FredZucchini_Fred Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Would love to know this as well
  • nfa.VRnfa.VR Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 2018
    I need as well.  Any help?
    Even autoloading and limiting to Skybox or Plex would work for me.
    Need to play back network stored video files.
  • NinjaGaijinNinjaGaijin Posts: 198 Oculus Staff
    Hello everyone,

This functionality is currently not available and is a popular request among our community. I'll pass this feedback along to our internal team to review.
    If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
    3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!
  • sourcenitysourcenity Posts: 11 Oculus Start Member
    NinjaGaijin thank you for your response. Has there been any feedback from the dev team?

A related question is whether it is possible to show a sideloaded app in the main library (i.e. with images and all, not only as an item in a list). Thanks!
  • rob.brenchley.9rob.brenchley.9 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I would like to lock down my Oculus as well for my buseinss and limit what can be played and viewed.
  • oculus_gaboroculus_gabor Posts: 40 Oculus Staff
    A related question is whether it is possible to show a sideloaded app in the main library (i.e. with images and all, not only as an item in a list). Thanks!
    That is not possible. For an app to show up in the main library, it has to be downloaded from the store.
  • sourcenitysourcenity Posts: 11 Oculus Start Member
    edited August 2018
    That is not possible. For an app to show up in the main library, it has to be downloaded from the store.

@oculus_gabor Yes, I am aware that it is not currently possible. My question was whether you would consider changing it to be possible in the future.

@NinjaGaijin Do you have any feedback on my "lockdown" request? Is there anywhere else I might go to request this feature and/or get additional information?

Thanks,
    Philip
  • avivhavivh Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I also like to distribute Oculus devices (GO \ QUEST) for education with one app.
    Is it possible to have a default app to run on startup?