cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GearVR / Go] Pressing back button crashes the app only in distribution UE4 4.19.2

maro87mq
Protege
Hello,

I'm having trouble with back button functionality. If user presses it shortly I execute command (through blueprints) 'vr.oculus.ShowQuitMenu', otherwise it is handled by oculus SDK to display global menu and it works fine in development, but when I prepare the app for distribution and send it to review process I get back that the app is crashing when back is pressed.

Has anyone encountered such isssue? 
I've read that it was the case in earlier versions of the engine because JNI was detaching, but it was fixed, but maybe there's also a place where this is happening?

I'm using binary distribution of UE4 4.19.2 and testing the development build on Samsung Galaxy S7.

9 REPLIES 9

maro87mq
Protege
Ok, thank you. I will replace it and send a new build for review.

maro87mq
Protege
Sorry to keep you waiting but I've just got back the results and it looks like the entitlements check that worked before isn't working anymore. Review result:

"Due to a technical issue in our test results reporting system, we're unable to provide a formal test result at this time. The VRC failures and feedback below is from our technical review team:

VRC.Mobile.Security.1 - Entitlements check"

The check is performed with Verify Entitlements blueprint node if it's true the game loads if false, the message is displayed about wrong entitlements and after 3 seconds the app is closed.

Should I assume this is the only problem or no other tests were performed so the issue with back button could still be present?

maro87mq
Protege
@imperativity

Yes, it looks like the replacement file did solve the back button issue since it wasn't mentioned in the review results.

I have the entry present in DefaultEngine.ini file with correct app ID. I didn't make any changes there because it wasn't an issue in previous submissions.

maro87mq
Protege
@imperativity

I've attached logs. I don't see there anything suspicious, but during our tests, the app runs fine, the entitlements check is failing when logged on a different account (the app quits) and passing if logged on a dev account (app starts as usual).
I'm not really sure what's the issue during review process because it looks like it works correctly.

maro87mq
Protege
@imperativity
 I've sent you a PM regarding the sources.

maro87mq
Protege
@imperativity 
Before sending you build sources, I've also pushed to certification new version without any changes and I've just go message about it passing the review.

So either there was some wierd issue that I cannot explain or the review process is not fully deterministic.

Either way, thank you for your help.

The replacement file is the resolution to this back button crash issue.

libOVRPlugin replacement file for UE4 4.19:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bngotaoi8lm9mrr/libOVRPlugin.rar?dl=0

motorsep
Rising Star

maro87mq said:

@imperativity 
Before sending you build sources, I've also pushed to certification new version without any changes and I've just go message about it passing the review.

So either there was some wierd issue that I cannot explain or the review process is not fully deterministic.

Either way, thank you for your help.

The replacement file is the resolution to this back button crash issue.

libOVRPlugin replacement file for UE4 4.19:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bngotaoi8lm9mrr/libOVRPlugin.rar?dl=0

I'd be surprised if anyone will download DLL from someone's dropbox (in this age of Internet security issues). Where did you get this DLL file originally (so that I could get it from the original source and not from the dropbox) ?

maro87mq
Protege
It was uploaded by imperativity who is an oculus staff member.
I know it was risky but he's a member of oculus and I think it was in mutual interest to solve issues that arise, that's what this forum is about.

kaaba_indonesia
Honored Guest
Hi, I have same issue. I tried to download dropbox file but I can't open the libOVRPlugin since there's warning on rar file "the archieve damaged" message. Can you re-upload the updated file again. Thanks!